Cue Counseling Telehealth Sessions
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Cue Counseling has been seeing more Clients vial Telehealth. We wanted to give you a little more information to help you understand what Telehealth is and how it works.
What is Telehealth?
Before we tell you why we love it so much, we should probably start with what it is. Telehealth, also known as telemedicine, is a broad term for any health care services you can get while not being physically in a room with a provider.
That includes emailing with a provider, using an online portal, doing a video or facetime chat with your provider, instant messaging with your provider, or even a telephone call. Lots of people are doing one or more of these things without even realizing they’re using Telehealth.
- No transportation time or cost.
- No need to take time off of work.
- Eliminate child cared or eldercare issues.
- On-demand options.
- Less chance of catching an illness.
- No waiting time in an office or waiting room.
What about Privacy?
Your privacy and confidentiality have to be respected when you use Telehealth just as much as they do when you have an in-person visit.
Telehealth is done use our Theranest Telehealth platform, which is HIPPA compliant.
How Do I Schedule a Telehealth Session?
We have several options for you.
- Call the office 863-937-3943
- You may also log into your Client Portal with Cue Counseling and request an appointment
- You may go to our website, https://cuecounseling.com/contact/, and send us a message.
- You may also request an appointment via our Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=cue%20counseling&epa=SEARCH_BOX