- Self-Pay Rate: $90.00 per 50-minute session
- Insurance reimbursement for video sessions varies depending on your individual plan. Contact
your insurance provider before scheduling a Telehealth session if you wish to seek
reimbursement from your insurance company.
Cue Counseling offers telehealth therapy to meet the modern needs of today. Telehealth goes by many
names, including e-therapy. All telehealth services are conducted via a HIPAA compliant platform
within Cue Counseling’s secure patient portal.
The choice to include telehealth is intentional.
Just a few of the reasons why telehealth may be a good fit for you:
- Convenience (available when you are available—even during lunch hour)
- Transportation (including access, costs for transit, vehicle dependability)
- Caregiver responsibilities (including eldercare, childcare, and partner care)
- Accessibility (including physical limitations, mental health limitations)
- Weather (epic summer heat and storms)
- Work/Life balance (only an hour between work and little league or church)
- Comfort (who doesn’t want to have therapy in slippers and a dog on our lap)
- Privacy (no waiting room encounters)
- Safety (ideal for victims of intimate partner violence or other safety concerns)
WHEN TELEHEALTH IS NOT APPROPRIATE
Despite the benefits of utilizing telehealth, there are certain situations when telehealth may not be appropriate.
- Complex mental health diagnoses; i.e., visual and/or auditory hallucinations, active substance
use, recent suicidal or homicidal thoughts
- Those 17 years old or younger
- Those with poor Internet connection
WHY TELEHEALTH ANYWAY?
Cue Counseling is committed to providing exceptional care via whatever venue comfortable for our clients. Shifting the therapy office to a portable environment that is accessible, confidential, and comfortable can overcome obstacles to treatment. Clients often report feeling more at ease, less frazzled/stressed, and more apt to open up and, in turn, therapy is more effective.
- Florida Telehealth Law Chapter 2019-137; s. 456.47, F.S
EVIDENCE BASED SNAPSHOT
There are multiple academic articles supporting the effectiveness of online therapy. While Cue Counseling cannot list them all, these are a few to help you make an informed decision if online therapy is an appropriate choice for you.
- Ruwaard J, Lange A, Schrieken B, Dolan CV, Emmelkamp P (2012) The Effectiveness of Online Cognitive Behavioral Treatment in Routine Clinical Practice. PLoS ONE 7(7): e40089.
- Kemmeren, L.L., van Schaik, D.J.F., Riper, H. et al. Effectiveness of blended depression treatment for adults in specialised mental healthcare: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. BMC Psychiatry 16, 113 (2016).
- Wentzel, J., van der Vaart, R., Bohlmeijer, E. T., & van Gemert-Pijnen, J. E. (2016). Mixing online and face-to-face therapy: how to benefit from blended care in mental health care. JMIR mental health, 3(1).
Telehealth sessions can be conducted via desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile device. For telehealth appointments, please contact our office or schedule online